What is a tour comprised of?
1) Space lecture catered to the group requesting. (ie: Young, Teen or Mature )
2) Actual practice on How to use a Telescope
3) Looking @ BOB the Big Telescope & how it’s used
4) Space lecture ending with Planet comparisons
STEPS TO BOOK YOUR TOUR
Please read all of the information on this page.
The Observatory costs about $6,000 per year to maintain. It operates solely on donations from visitors, members, and uncertain government grants. Please donate to help us keep the Observatory open.
Groups will be classified as to their status:
- Registered Charities or Not-For-Profit Organizations for tours at the Observatory: $2 per person attending, with a minimum of $30, in case the number falls below 15. Regular season, September to March.
- All other groups, offsite presentations, or specially booked tours: $3 per person attending, with a minimum of $45, in case the number falls below 15. Off season, April to August.
Based on the confirmed available tour dates listed below, please fill out the Tour Booking Information Form. Please book tours at least 15 days prior.
- Payment is in either cash or cheque.
- Tours will be cancelled if the road conditions make it too dangerous to travel. If you must cancel your tour for any other reason, at least 24 hours notice must be given.
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE PER TOUR IS 30.
- Tour requester should be aware of SPECIAL MEDICAL needs of anyone in the group. Observatory location is more than 30 minutes from medical aid.
- Bring warm clothes.
- Other tour dates may be available. For additional information contact Mike @ 250 964-6285.
AVAILABLE TOUR DATES
RED dates are full. Blue dates are available.
|DATE||TIME||GROUP||TOUR HOSTS||NO. OF GUESTS|
|Wednesday, January 15, 2020||7:00pm|
|Wednesday, January 29, 2020||7:00pm||Zion Lutheran Church School||Mike||14+|
|Monday, February 10, 2020||6:30pm||Scouts Canada||Mike||25-30|
|Thursday, February 20, 2020||7:00pm||Cedars Christian School||Mike||17+|
|Tuesday, February 25, 2020||6:30pm||Scouts Canada||Mike||20-25|
|Tuesday, March 10, 2020||7:00pm|
|Wednesday, March 25, 2020||7:00pm|
|Wednesday, April 8, 2020||7:00pm|
|Wednesday, April 22, 2020||7:00pm|
|Thursday, April 30, 2020||7:00pm||Girl Guides||Mike||20+|