ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Business Meeting Minutes
March 19, 2008
Date: March 19, 2008
Location: 3323 Hart Highway
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Gil, Glen, Bob, Maurice, Blair, Jim T, Doug, Jim A.
Members Present: Rod H
Meeting Called to Order at 7:35 pm.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes of February 13, 2008 meeting were circulated.
Motion to accept minutes as circulated. MSC
2. Treasurer’s Report
Club Account: $5733.97
Gaming Account: $8058.00
Details on file.
4. Old Business
- Telescope upgrade – the declination bracket has been built but not installed.
- Dome upgrade – no progress
- Roof – Maurice will be meeting Dave of Prince Sheet Metal at the observatory on Tuesday 25th at 13:00, so he can look at the roof and provide us with an estimate.
- Maurice will ask about the following:
- Possible savings by us doing the demolition
- Separate price for replacing half the plywood (worst case scenario)
- Improving the ventilation
- Sealing against the ants
- Suggestions on making the most durable design
- Sloping with tapered rigid insulation.
5. New Business
- Gaming grant of $8000 was deposited into the gaming account.
- Bob will be purchasing the telescope controller board and hand controller. He will also be trying to exchange the motors he has for ones that are compatible with the controller board. Bob will also be approaching CNC with the hope of having them construct suitable voltage amplifiers.
5. New Business (cont’d)
- Year end BBQ will be held on May 31st.
- Holes will be cut in the hall ceiling to inspect for structural damage from carpenter ants.
- Blair will be contacting BCHydro and councilor Glenn Scott regarding participation in Earth Hour.
- Motion: Purchase History Channel DVDs for $53. MSC
- Spending proposal to construct an All Sky Camera. Decision to spend funds deferred.
- March month end social cancelled. The next one is on April 26th.
- Don’t book any tours that conflict with month end social evenings.
- The next business meeting will be held at 299 Victoria Street at Maurice’s office.
Meeting adjourned at 8:57 pm