ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Executive Meeting Minutes
May 9, 2007
Date: May 9, 2007
Location: 7365 Tedford Road
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Gil, Faye, Glen, Bob, Jim A.
Meeting Called to Order at 7:33 pm.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes of April 18, 2007 meeting were circulated.
Motion to accept minutes as corrected. MSC
2. Treasurer’s Report
General account $5882.00 Gaming account $8081.67
No detailed treasurer’s report was available.
Various bills, invoices, and RASC Centre newsletters
4. Old Business
- The roof repair estimate has not been obtained yet
- Blair purchased several Planispheres.
5. New Business
- Gil will approach Evan regarding placing paying ads on the web site.
- Evan’s membership has been renewed. The club picked up the tab.
- Discussion on how to conduct business in the absence of a majority of executive members resulted in the following motion. Motion: All new proposed, or actual expenditures over $1000 require the approval of a majority of executive members (7 of 12). In the event all reasonable attempts to contact executive members fail to reach the above requirement, authority is given to 3 of the President, Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer to conduct the business, the details of which shall appear in the next meeting minutes. MSC
- Club social on the 26th will replace the general meeting normally held on the last Wednesday of the month.
- Next regularly scheduled executive meeting is August 8th.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15 pm