ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
General Meeting Minutes
February 28, 2007
Date: February 28, 2007
Location: PGAO 7365 Tedford Road
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Gil, Maurice, Glen, Bob, Blair, Doug, Brian
Members Present: Gerhard, Lucas, Jim Van Doren, Gregory
Meeting Called to Order at 7:40 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes of January 31 meeting were circulated.
Motion: To accept January meeting minutes as circulated. MSC
2. Treasurer’s Report
General Account Balance: $5603.17
Gaming Account Balance: $8085.42
A detailed financial report is filed with minutes.
Motion to accept the treasurer’s report. MSC
Edmonton Centre newsletter, RBC bank statements
4. Old Business
- Telescope drive upgrade – Another attempt to install the declination drive gear will occur on Friday, Feb 2nd. Prep work on the shaft will occur on Thursday, Feb 1st.
- The general meeting in March will be replaced with a social event on Saturday March 31st. This change may be made to the April and May meetings depending on the success of the March event.
- The Spring Recreation Market is being held on Saturday March 17 (9:30 – 6:00pm) and Sunday March 18 (Noon – 5pm) at Pine Centre Mall. Volunteers are required to man the booth. Contact Maurice at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 563-3337.
- 2007 focus will be on Dark Skies. Maurice and John will spearhead this project and hope to get cooperation from BC Hydro, various lighting suppliers, and the public library. The presentation is expected to take place in April.
5. New Business
- A Direct Access Program grant of $8000 was deposited into the gaming account.
- Volunteers are needed to cover the March open houses and member’s nights. Contact Maurice at email@example.com or (250) 563-3337.
- A telescope familiarization session will be made available to the public on May 5th. Ads will be placed in the Citizen, and registrations will be taken for this free event. Literature will be available for a small fee.
Bob presented Leo as constellation of the month. We also viewed the CKPG news clip covering the first attempt to install the declination gear.
Adjourned at 8:40pm