ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Executive Meeting Minutes
November 8, 2006
Date: November 8, 2006
Location: Arctic Manufacturing Ltd, 3323 Hart Hwy
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Fae, Gil, Maurice, Glen, Jim Arnold, Bob, Blair
Meeting Called to Order at 7:35 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes of October 11, 2006 meeting were circulated.
Motion: Accept the minutes as distributed.
Moved: Maurice Seconded: Jim Arnold Carried
2. Treasurer’s Report
Updated year-end figures as of September 30, 2006. A detailed statement is filed with these minutes.
General Account Balance: $5136.36
Gaming Account Balance: $3107
Terasen is prepaid for 7 months, Telus for 12 months, Hydro for 2 years,
Motion: To accept the Treasurer’s report as presented.
Moved: Blair Seconded: Fae
Income Tax forms
4. Old Business
- Telescope drive upgrade – December 27-29 time frame for the installation of worm and gear. Flip assembly, 4-shooter, all optics and finders to be removed. The 24″ mirror will be removed around Dec 15th, stored in the classroom, and cleaned once it reaches room temperature. Blair will fabricate a collar clamp to push against for removing the counterweight. If no HIAB is available, the floor will be supported to handle the weight load.
- The dome drive mechanism already fabricated and stored in the basement will be installed once the dome bearings have been replaced.
- The shutter assembly will be reworked/repaired.
- All exposed gears and worms will be covered to resolve safety concerns.
4. Old Business (continued)
- YRB will decide when the parking lot will be cleared. The sign needs to be put up and YRB notified of the plowing arrangements.
- Between now and the January 2007 general meeting, craft for presentation, a notice of motion to change the bylaws. Rod’s input may be required. The changes will be voted on at the February 2007 meeting.
- The water tank level indicator has been installed and calibrated.
5. New Business
- Pro D Day activities at the Observatory have been cancelled due to a lack of manpower.
- Thank you letter to A J Forsyth has been written and signed. It will be sent out once the donation receipt has been provided.
- An additional $16,000 for site improvements has been added to the Gaming proposal. A detailed list is attached to the filed minutes.
- Inventory the existing 24″ telescope cabling and remove unused and obsolete cables.
- Paint the 24″ scope when conditions are acceptable.
Present staffing for upcoming tours is:
Nov 15th: 13th Carney Hill cub group 7:00 to 8:00pm confirmed
Blair, require an assistant Ralf Gloger firstname.lastname@example.org
Nov 17th: Leonid Meteor Showers / Open House
Nov 21st: 25 Beavers and parents 7:00 to 8:00pm confirmed
Maurice & Blair Andrea Simmons (962-6812)
Nov. 22nd: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 8 male teenagers 7:00 to 8:00pm confirmed
Bob, require an assistant Ryan James email@example.com
Nov 23rd: Sea Cadets tour 7:00 to 8:00pm confirmed
Bob & Blair
Nov 24th: Open House
Nov 25th: Vanderhoof Cub tour 7:00 to 8:00pm not confirmed
Bob, requires an assistant
Dec 3rd: Christmas potluck
Dec 13th: Geminids Meteor Showers
Meeting adjourned at 9:35 pm