PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Executive Meeting Minutes
April 13, 2005
Date: March 9, 2005
Location: 490 Brunswick, St.
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Brian, Maurice, Wayne, Glen, Bob, Gil, Doug, Greg, John
Meeting Called to Order at 7:33 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Meeting minutes from March 9, 2005 were circulated
Motion to accept minutes as circulated by: Gil Seconded by: Bob Carried
2. Treasurer’s Report
Club Account Gaming Account
Balance $2709.44 Balance $19559.02
Motion to accept treasurer’s report as circulated by: Glen Seconded by: Maurice Carried
Blockbuster bill, Gaming letter, email from Orla Aaquist (Edmonton Centre)
4. Old Business
- Peter Jedicke, RASC president, will be in PG on May 17 to visit and give a talk at the observatory at 7:30 pm. John Ascah is providing the billet for both Peter and his wife.
- Gil is still waiting for written consent to spend gaming funds on building improvements.
5. New Business
- Gaming: The club was allocated an additional $15,000 in gaming funds.
- The 12′ wall screen is back ordered. Cost $1162.04
- The Solar scope has been purchased. Cost $130
- 2 – 4.5″ Orion StarBlast Dobsonian telescopes have been purchased for member’s use and loaning out. Based on their usage, 2 additional scopes will be purchased. Cost for 2 telescopes $566.31
- Funds have been allocated to print 600 promotional brochures. Cost $280.44
- The purchase of the Moon, Constellation, and Mars globes has been deferred due to availability issues.
- Gas, Phone, and Hydro utilities have been prepaid. Cost $2538.00
- Insurance coverage will be paid out of gaming funds. The cost is approximately $1300
- Wayne will send a letter to UNBC’s Carol Sandford indicating that we will not be employing a co-op student.
- The club VCR tapes have for the most part been converted to DVD.
- Orla Aaquist (Edmonton RASC) emailed a request for copies of the paperwork needed to start the construction of an observatory.
5. New Business (continued)
- Gil has invited the RASC Edmonton Centre to join us for the Perseids meteor shower.
- Maurice will be adding material to the club library, the contents of which Brian will post on the club web site.
- Brian will connect with SD57 contact Bonnie Chappel to determine how many Skyways books the club should purchase for distribution throughout the school district.
- A minimum of 50 Beginner Observer’s Guides will be purchased at the same time that Skyways is ordered.
- Hot dogs, buns, etc will be purchased for Astronomy Day. For $2.50, the public can purchase a hot dog and pop.
- Glen will have high-speed Internet access installed at the observatory. UPDATE- A 3 year contract has been arranged. Cost is $59.22/month.
- Glen will acquire a dozen empty film canisters for use at the telescope workshop on Astronomy Day.
- Greg has arranged to have 2 UNBC professors, Dr. Patrick Montgomery and Dr. Patrick Mann, give lectures at the next 2 general meetings.
April 16 Astronomy Day 2:00 pm – 11:00 Various members
April 29 Cub tour 8:30 pm Maurice and others
April 15 Brian
April 22 Robin
April 29 Maurice
May 6 Maurice
May 13 Wayne
May 20 Gil
May 27 Bob
April 16 Glen
April 23 Brian
April 30 Doug
May 7 Brian
May 14 Rod
May 21 Cancelled due to GA in Kelowna
May 28 Glen
Next general meeting:
Main Talk: Dr. Patrick Montgomery from UNBC will be giving a talk on ‘Waves’
Motion to adjourn by: Glen
Seconded by: Brian
Adjourned at 10:20 p.m.