PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
General Meeting Minutes
Date: April 27, 2005
Location: PGAO 7365 Tedford Road
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Brian, Glen, Wayne, Gil
Members Present: Effie, Jim Arnold, Rod, Hugh, Greg, Art
Guests Present: Brian’s Dad, Dr. Patrick Montgomery
Meeting called to order at 8:45 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
No minutes were circulated.
2. Treasurer’s Report:
As of April 26, 2005
Club Account Balance $3038.35 Gaming Account Balance $21083.91
Motion to accept the Treasurer’s report as presented.
Moved: Gil Seconded: Hugh Carried
Two RBC bank statements, Telus bill, Terasen bill, Saskatchewan Summer Star Party 2005 brochures, various RASC Centre newsletters.
4. Old Business
- Gil is still waiting for clarification on what the gaming funds can be spent on.
- The Lunar and Constellation globes have arrived.
- Two additional 4.5″ Starblaster Dobsonian telescopes have been ordered are in transit.
- The projection screen originally ordered is no longer being manufactured. It is being replaced with a newer model at the same price as the original.
- Astronomy Day was a success. Approximately 110 visitors attended.
5. New Business
6. Upcoming Events
April 29 Cub Tour 7:30 pm
May 7 NOVA class 7:30 pm
May 11 Executive meeting 7:30 pm at Speedee Printers
May 17 Peter Jedicke, RASC president, will give a talk at the observatory at 7:30 pm.
June 4 Viewing season windup potluck barbeque
6. Upcoming Events (continued)
Open Houses Member’s Nights
April 29 Maurice April 30 Doug
May 6 Maurice May 7 Brian
May 13 Wayne May 14 Rod
May 20 Gil May 21 Cancelled due to GA in Kelowna
May 27 Bob May 28 Glen
Meeting adjourned at 9:05 pm
UNBC’s Dr. Patrick Montgomery prior to the business meeting presented a lecture entitled ‘The Mathematics of Waves’.