PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Executive Meeting Minutes
April 14, 2004
Date: April 14, 2004
Location: #30-1839 1st Avenue, Prince George
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Glen, Gil, Brian, Rod
Members Present: Maurice, Wayne, Bob, Jim Toews
Time Meeting Called to Order at 7:35 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
The minutes from the February 11, 2004 executive meeting were circulated.
2. Treasurer’s Report
Club Account Gaming Account
Total Income $3298.23 Total Income $261.02
Total Expenses $3061.27 Total Expenses $1956.31
Total Income/Expenses $236.96 Total Income/Expenses ($1695.29)
Total Net Worth $3027.35 Total Net Worth $2566.00
Motion to accept Treasurer’s report. Moved: Rod Seconded: Glen Carried
CCRA- How to fill out tax return
Gaming Commission- Adjustment of +$1000 to gaming account
Extraction Waste Management introductory letter
Fae Mooney letter
4. General Business
- Jim Toews was given a key to the building.
- Jim will fabricate a light shield based on dimensions to be taken at his convenience.
- Glen will purchase a can of concrete paint to touch up the exterior of the building.
- There has been no progress regarding the corporate fund raising drive. An update will be given at the next executive meeting.
- The Gaming Commission sent the club an additional $1000 as an adjustment to the original request. No reason was given for the adjustment. Gil will email the Commission asking for an extension of the spending timeline to the end of July.
- An inventory of the club equipment will be made on Saturday, April 17, 2004 to comply with insurance requirements. Wayne, Bob, Maurice and possibly Rod will perform the inventory.
- The exterior door access into the attic area of the classroom is to be upgraded/reinforced ASAP.
4. General Business (continued)
- An extruded metal cage is to be placed around the ceiling projector to discourage theft.
- Wayne suggested that the club encourage young people in the science of Astronomy by offering a 1 year paid junior membership in the RASC Prince George Centre. The membership(s) would be given to a person or team participating in the Prince George Science Fair, basing his/her/their project on Astronomy, and which best met the criteria established by Wayne, an acknowledged judge for the Science Fair. By becoming official members of the RASC, they will receive all the publications normally available to new members. As a result of this suggestion, it was decided to give our two new ‘honorary’ members, Michael and Phillip, junior memberships in the RASC Prince George Centre. Phillip and Michael will be asked to attend the next general meeting for the presentation, with possible media coverage. They will be given Calendars as well.
- A decision regarding the remaining gaming account balance was reached. Research into the cost of a Binoviewer with it’s associated eyepieces, as well as several new eyepieces for the main scope will be done. An evaluation on how well Jim’s Binoviewer and 2” eyepieces perform on the main scope will be taken into consideration, and will influence the final decision on what is to be purchased.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.