PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Executive Meeting Minutes
Date: February 12, 2003
Location: 1839 1st Ave.
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Rod, Brian, Gil, Glen
Members Present: Bob, Wayne
Time Meeting Called to Order at 7:35 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Meeting minutes from Jan. 15, 2003 were circulated
Motion to accept minutes as circulated by: Gil Seconded by: Bob
2. Treasurer’s Report
Net Income: $256.00
RASC: Payment report; New Member list; Current Member list; National Council Meeting reminder; Helen Sawyer Hogg Telescope; Niagara RASC Banquet 2003; NC Meeting Minutes from Oct 26, 2002; Agenda for NC Meeting Feb 22. Toronto Centre: Scope newsletter.
4. Old Business
- The moldy ceiling has been repaired.
- Beefing up the building security is nearly complete.
- Not all members have received their Sky & Tel magazines.
- Calendar Sales: We have sold 101 and brought in $1545.15 of which approx. $750.15 is profit. We have 24 calendars left which we will try to sell but will only pay for what we sell and send the remainder back in a few months.
- Gil is in charge of organizing the trip to the RASC General Assembly. Date: June 26 (Thursday) – July 01 (Tuesday), 2003 in Vancouver, British Columbia
- There have been 2 tours conducted this year.
- Brian will run Member’s night on Feb.15th.
5. New Business
Judy Mackay – request for science fair judge. Bob will respond by email.
Gil will investigate the RASC National Insurance Policy.
February 26 General Meeting 7:30 pm Observatory
March 8 “Rain or Shine” Members Night 7:30 pm Observatory
March 12 Executive Meeting 7:30 pm Gil’s Office
March 15 Tour Quesnel Air Cadets 7:30 pm Observatory, Gil to host
March 15 Member’s night 7:30 pm Help needed for tour
March 26 General Meeting 7:30 pm Observatory
March 29 2nd Annual Messier Marathon 5:30 pm Observatory
Science fair Judging
Judy Mackay has openings for science fair judges. She wants to know if we can help out.
Highland Traditional School – Mar 6
Cedars Christian School – Mar 11
Immaculate Conception School – Mar 12
Wayne has cleaned and lubed the current drive gears. Wayne will demo and discuss the new stepper motor idea.
Next general meeting:
Main Talk: Space shuttle by Maurice
Additional topic: Brian
Motion to adjourn by: Glen
Seconded by: Brian
Adjourned at 8:40 p.m.