Members receive the publications of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada for one year from receipt of membership. Prince George Centre annual fees are: Ordinary $79 , Youth (under 21 years of age or full time student under 25 years of age) $45.00 (To cover higher mailing costs, these figures are to be read as U.S. dollars for members outside of Canada). An applicant may affiliate with one of the Centres of the Society across Canada, or may join the Society directly as an unattached member.
- the OBSERVER’S HANDBOOK (published annually in September)
- the bimonthly JOURNAL (Electronic version) which contains review articles, research papers on historical and contemporary topics, less formal articles, education notes, general notes of astronomical interest, book reviews, news items concerning the society and its centres, and letters. A printed version is available for a fee.
- the Society’s ANNUAL REPORT
- SkyNews, the Canadian Magazine of Astronomy and Stargazing.
- A New Member’s Kit (for new members only) sent along with their Observer’s Handbook. The welcome package includes the following: A welcome letter from the President; a two page information flyer with info as follows: History of the RASC, membership (basic info), National Meeting (General Assembly), including information about the National Committees; Descriptions of the Publications (Journal, Handbook, Calendar, Looking Up and SkyNews); A Flyer of Gift ideas i.e. crests, stickers, key chains, etc.
- You will get access to our Observatory and our 0.6m telescope during non public hours.
- You will have access to an 8″ Celestron telescope, several Dobsonian telescopes, an H-alpha filter, top of the line astronomy software, and much more! If you were to purchase this type of equipment yourself, it would cost you tens of thousands of dollar$$$S!
- You will be able to borrow books, CDs, and DVDs from the observatory library.
How to become a member
If you are interested in becoming a member of our Centre, just come out to one of our monthly meetings. Check out our Events Table (bottom of this page) to find out when and where our next meeting will be held. If you can not make it to our meetings just fill out a downloadable membership form and mail it to:
The Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
203 4920 Dundas Street W. Toronto, ON M9A 1B7 Canada
Or you can sign-up online at the RASC E-store www.rasc.ca.