PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Executive Meeting Minutes
February 11, 2004
Date: February 11, 2004
Location: #30-1839 1st Avenue, Prince George
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Glen, Gil, Brian, Rod
Members Present: Maurice, Wayne, Bob
Time Meeting Called to Order at 7:32 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
No minutes were circulated
2. Treasurer’s Report
Club Account Gaming Account
Total Income $2158.37 Total Income $261.02
Total Expenses $2472.06 Total Expenses $1956.31
Total Income/Expenses ($313.69) Total Income/Expenses ($1695.29)
Total Net Worth $2476.70 Total Net Worth $2866.70
Motion to accept Treasurer’s report. Moved: Rod Seconded: Gil Carried
4. General Business
- Gil and Bob will spearhead a corporate fund raising drive. A progress report will be presented at the next executive meeting.
- A workshop to build 8 sound deadening ceiling panels will be scheduled soon. Wayne will check out a possible workshop in which to do the project and is to report his findings at the next General Meeting.
- The club will participate in the Spring Recreation Market on March 6th and 7th at Pine Centre. Set up is on Friday evening, March 5th. Volunteers to man the booth are requested.
- Motion: To pay for Evan, the website host’s, club membership. Evan will be approached to become the Club site’s Webmaster. Moved: Gil Seconded: Brian Carried
- Calendar sales have been a disappointment. The remaining calendars will be offered for sale at $10 each.
- The RASC president, Rajiv Gupta, would like to visit the Prince George Centre sometime between April 16th and the 21st. Once Rajiv’s itinerary is firmed up, sometime in the next week, billeting or accommodation arrangements will be made. Tentative plans are to dine with him at a restaurant the evening of his lecture, and then host a potluck at the observatory the next evening. Gil will ask his daughter Aimee to investigate the possibility of using a UNBC lecture hall for Rajiv’s presentation.
Meeting adjourned at 8:50 p.m.