ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road Prince George,
BC V2N 6S2
Business Meeting Minutes: May 13, 2009
Date: May 13, 2009
Location: 490 Brunswick St
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Glen, Maurice, Brian, Wayne, Gil, Bob
Members Present: Rod H
Meeting Called to Order at 7:40 pm.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes of April 8 meeting were circulated.
Motion to accept minutes as circulated. Moved: Bob Seconded: Wayne Carried
2. Treasurer’s Report
Club Account: $6131.79
Motion to accept treasurer’s report as circulated. Moved: Glen Seconded: Maurice Carried
Details on file
3. Correspondence, Secretary’s Report
Various bills, statements, and Centre newsletters.
4. Old Business
- The risk assessment has been completed and the committee will be addressing the concerns based on the level of risk and funds available to correct the problems.
ACTION: Risk assessment committee
- Dr. Luc Simard’s travel dates are confirmed and hotel arrangements will be made.
ACTION: Gil, Maurice
- Following the CNC Celebration of Science Fair, the club display will be set up in the CNC library. After a period of time the display will move to UNBC.
- The Lunar Marathon was a success and another session will be planned for the fall.
- Better pricing will be sought before the secondary mirror is sent off for refurbishment.
- The Carl Sagan series ‘Cosmos’ series DVD’s have been purchased.
5. New Business
- Once concerns regarding associate memberships have been resolved with RASC National, PG Centre will be sending in its application specifics.
- The main telescope will be recollimated and functionality confirmed before the flip assembly is remounted.
ACTION: Bob, Brian
- Following the last tour on June 2, and assuming the aforementioned collimation is successful, the flip assembly will be installed and tested.
The next business meeting will be held on August 5, 2009 at 7:30pm. Location – SpeeDee Printers, 490 Brunswick St.
Meeting adjourned at 9:40 pm