ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Business Meeting Minutes
October 8, 2008
Date: October 8, 2008
Location: 230-177 Victoria St.
Chairperson: Maurice Sluka
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Glen, Maurice, Jim T.
Members Present: Jim Van Doren
Meeting Called to Order at 7:32 pm.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes of September 8, 2008 meeting were circulated.
Motion to accept minutes as circulated. MSC
2. Treasurer’s Report
No figures available
Various bills, statements, and Centre newsletters
4. Old Business
- Gravel for the viewing deck will be delivered sometime next week. A work bee will be planned to spread the gravel.
- 2 red dot finders, the AllSky camera, and the hand dolly have been purchased. The video capture card is on back order.
- A motor suitable for moving the dome slot has been acquired at no cost.
- Prepaying all utilities depleted the gaming account.
- The gaming application is being prepared and will be ready for submission in the near future.
5. New Business
- Jim has found a 32-channel servo card that could be used to collimate the 2 secondary mirrors and control the flip motor.
- The RASC fee collection agreement was reviewed and signed.
- The gaming ‘wish list’ was reviewed and costs updated.
- The budget was discussed briefly but will be brought up again at a meeting that has better attendance.
- Members that have indicated they would like to remain on the executive are: Gil, Maurice, Glen, Brian B, Jim T, Jim Van Doren, Trevor, Blair, Hugh, Doug
The next business meeting will be held at Arctic Manufacturing 3233 Hart Hwy on November 12 @7:30 pm
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 pm