ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Business Meeting Minutes
April 8, 2008
Date: April 8, 2008
Location: 177 Victoria Street
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Gil, Glen, Bob, Maurice, Brian B.
Members Present: Wayne, Brian D.
Meeting Called to Order at 7:36 pm.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes of March 19, 2008 meeting were circulated.
Motion to accept minutes as circulated. MSC
2. Treasurer’s Report
Club Account: $5733.97
Gaming Account: $7569.06
Details on file.
CRA information, YRB invoice, RBC bank statements
4. Old Business
- Telescope upgrade – the controller board has been ordered. The motors on hand will be adequate for the job, amplifier boards are not required.
- Dome upgrade – no progress
- Roof – the Prince Sheet Metal estimate is being reworded but the original cost will remain unchanged. Club personnel will be doing any roof repairs required. The roofing material will be removed and repairs completed the day before the roofers are due to arrive. Tentative scheduling is for a WEEKDAY occurring between June 16th and the 24th.
- Motion: Allocate $4000 for roof repair. The amount will include purchasing materials as required to repair any roof deterioration discovered after the roofing material has been removed. MSC
- Year end BBQ to be held on Saturday, May 31st. Start time is 6 PM
5. New Business
- Lane Logan’s talk – determine the clientele before booking a venue.
- Wayne’s teaching CD will be reviewed by Brian B. and revised as required before being made available to the public.
5. New Business (continued)
- Motion: Authorize the funds to reimburse Wayne for production costs. Amount will depend on how many CDs are produced. MSC
- Astronomy Day will be held on Saturday, May 10th from 12-4 PM in the Pine Centre parking lot. Final location will be determined prior to that date. Solar viewing will be the ‘focus’.
- Secretary to send a letter of thanks for her service as RASC secretary to Bonnie Bird. She’ll be retiring soon.
- The decision was made to devote one Friday a month to planned activities, which will be advertised. April 18th will be the first occurrence of this type of event.
Meeting adjourned at 9:18 pm