ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Executive Meeting Minutes
February 21, 2007
Date: February 21, 2007
Location: Arctic Manufacturing Ltd, 3323 Hart Hwy
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Gil, Blair, Glen, Bob, Doug, Jim A., Maurice
Meeting Called to Order at 7:35 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes of January 10, 2007 meeting were circulated.
No motion to accept.
2. Treasurer’s Report
General account $5447.14 Gaming account $85.42
Motion to accept the treasurer’s report. Moved: Gil Seconded: Blair Carried
Detailed financial report filed with the minutes.
Miscellaneous bills, SpeeDee invoices, NASA calendar
4. Old Business
- There will be no general meeting in March. It will be replaced with the March 24th ‘social’. The club will pay for food and beverages. Might show the movie ‘The Sting’
- Blair arranged for a crane. Counterweight liftoff is scheduled for 08:00 Thursday Feb 22.
5. New Business
- Blair has been designated the fundraising guy, based on his close association with the business community.
- Brian will be asked to design a generic ‘thank you for your donation’ type certificate or plaque.
- The Newtonian will be aligned first, and then the Cassegrain.
- Parking lot plans and light barrier ideas were discussed. Maurice will resubmit the parking lot layout based on the discussion.
- Next executive meeting will probably be on March 21st.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15 pm