ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
General Meeting Minutes
January 31, 2007
Date: January 31, 2007
Location: PGAO 7365 Tedford Road
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Gil, Maurice, Glen, Bob, Blair, John, Gregory, Doug, Jim T.
Members Present: Valerie, Gerhard
Meeting Called to Order at 7:40 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
2. Treasurer’s Report
General Account Balance: $4605.49
Gaming Account Balance: $85.42
A detailed financial report is filed with the minutes.
Various RASC Centre newsletters, miscellaneous bills, thank you letters from NVSS and the French school
4. Old Business
- Telescope drive upgrade – Installation of the ring gear will depend on the availability of a HIAB/crane. Blair is making the arrangements. The scope must be operational for the March open houses.
- The 6 dome mounts have been fabricated and are on site awaiting installation.
- The water tank level indicator needs to be recalibrated.
5. New Business
- Privacy Commissioner responsibilities have been delegated to the Secretary.
- Recreation Market is being held on Saturday March 17 (9:30 – 6:00pm) and Sunday March 18 (Noon – 5pm)
- 2007 focus will be on Dark Skies. Maurice and John will spearhead this project and hope to get cooperation from BC Hydro, various lighting suppliers, and the public library. The presentation is expected to take place in April.
- Motion: To authorize the cost to update the signage used at the REC Market booth. M/S/C
- Motion: To renew the club’s membership in the Dark Sky organization. M/S/C
- The general meeting in March will be replaced with a social event. This change may be made to the April and May meetings depending on the success of the March event.
Adjourned at 8:25pm
Bob presented Bootes as constellation of the month, a rundown of his recent activities at the DAO and his studies of eclipsing binary stars.