ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Executive Meeting Minutes
January 10, 2007
Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Arctic Manufacturing Ltd, 3323 Hart Hwy
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Gil, Blair, Glen
Meeting Called to Order at 8:00 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes of November 8, 2006 meeting were circulated.
2. Treasurer’s Report
The mailbox hasn’t been checked in a while
4. Old Business
- Removal of the scope counterweight was unsuccessful because the Hiab used didn’t have an adequate reach. Blair will arrange to have an appropriately sized Hiab on site, possibly as soon as next week, weather permitting.
- Slash pile burning is deferred until weather conditions permit.
5. New Business
- Ideas for this year’s coming events were discussed. Some of the suggestions were: Astronomy Day, Messier Marathons, solar viewing in mall parking lots or on the library deck, Dark Sky Awareness event (perhaps in conjunction with BCHydro), lunar eclipse in August, Spring and Fall Recreation Markets, December conjunction, potluck windups, Open houses.
- Changing the format of the general meeting in March to a wholly social event was discussed. Input from the executive as to what activities could be incorporated would be appreciated.
- Gil suggested that agenda items come from all executive members, rather than relying on only one person to come up with ideas for discussion.
- YRB will not sand the parking lot when they plow. Suggestions for locations to pay for sanding material and apply it ourselves were Kode and Rolling Mix.
Meeting adjourned at 9:10 pm