2006-03-30

Prince George Astronomical Society
Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Prince George Center
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, B.C.
V2N 6S2

Executive Meeting Minutes
March 30th 2006

Date:
Location: 7365 Tedford Road

Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Hugh Kennedy
Members Present: Doug, Jim A, Glen, Hugh, Gil, Wayne, Annette, Bob, Maurice, Charlie, Greg

Meeting Called to Order at 6:30 p.m.

1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes from February 22, 2005 were read. Motion to accept the minutes as circulated
Moved: Gil Seconded: Bob, Carried

2. Treasurer’s Report
Bank Accounts
Regular account balance: = $ 5,177.77
Gaming Account Balance: = $ 8091.17
Total Bank Accounts =$13,268.94
Cash Accounts
Pre paid expense = $2,024.62
Petty Cash : = $82.08
Total = $ 2,106.70
Overall Total = 15,375.64
The General Budget report will be taken home and gone over by the executive and discussed on email.
Wayne prepared a report outlining our financial state and what it may be in the near future. Some discussion centered around the roof on the Observatory and the possibility that it may have to be re-roofed in the future. This had been repaired by a knowledgeable roof person (inspector). It was decided to inspect the roof this year to assess it.
Motion Bob, 2nd Charley

3. Old Business

  • Pier Plates done and look great.
  • Technical meeting. Bob asked to head up the technical meeting. Bob handed out his thought on upgrades. Executive asked to go over the paper. It will be discussed that the Tech meeting. Bob will send out a date on email for the Technical meeting.
  • Maurice handed out Identification Badges (they look great)
  • Telescope modernization. Greg was not present at the time. This can be discussed at the upcoming technical meeting.

4. New Business

  • Long term and short term Plans for Centre. This was briefly discussed as well as Item B. Some problems centered on Group dynamics and morale. Hugh expressed some thoughts around being more open to new ideas and trying to bring new people in the fold.
  • Expectations of Volunteering and Job sharing. Glen asked that this item be moved off the agenda due to the length of time needed to properly discuss these two items (A&B) Hugh Motioned, Jim A 2nd
  • Astronomy day Venue. Glen suggested the Library. Hugh will write an email to Marc Sanders asking him about it.
  • Tax receipt and thank you letter for the Laser printer donated by Blair Studer. Hugh will write the thank you letter and Gil will look into the tax receipt.
  • Gaming application. Discussion about putting the gaming proposals out on a spreadsheet so we can see what is needed on the application, technical upgrades, building maintenance, new cameras ect..ect..

5. Spending Proposals

  • Pre-paid utilities bills (Passed)
  • Skyways Astronomy books forwarded to SD 91 (Passed)

For personal reasons Wayne resigned as treasurer. Gil asked Bob will take over in the short term until we can find a full time treasurer. Motion carried.

Gil montioned that the meeting be adjourned, Glen 2nd
Meeting Adjourned at 19:35