Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Prince George Center
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, B.C.
Executive Meeting Minutes
Date: February 22, 2006
Location: 7365 Tedford Road
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Hugh Kennedy
Members Present: Hugh, Annette, Jim A., Doug, Maurice, Wayne, Gil, Glen, John, Bob, Brian, Gerhard
Meeting Called to Order at 6:30 p.m.
Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes from January 25, 2005 were circulated. Motion to accept the minutes as circulated
Moved: Maurice Seconded: Hugh, Carried
Regular account balance: = $ 4516.74
Gaming Account Balance: = $ 8513.14
Total Bank Accounts =$13,029.88
Pre paid expense = $2,329.29
Cash on hand: = $44.14
Total = $ 2,373.29
Bob asked if we are asking enough for our tours.
Motion to accept the treasurer’s report Moved: Hugh Seconded: Bob, Carried
- Update on Pier Plates. Wayne gave us an update on pier plates. They should be done by the end of this month. Blair Studer and Jim Teows have been working on them.
- Items for Sale. Hugh has decided to table this item for the time being due to some opposition. Some more discussion centered on a case with a plexi-glass or glass top for display. Lockable cashbox in the case with a slot for a money drop to the cash box preferred.
- Insurance Review. Maurice said at the present time it was not worth it for us to change our insurance policy. This will be reviewed in August again. Discussion around sub-letting the centre to other groups for money. Too high an insurance risk to do this.
- Motorized Dome. Gils neighbour is looking at the project. He is currently researching it. Bob suggested we hold off pending a review. Bob said we have all the confidence that Wayne continue with this project. Bob put a motion of the floor that Wayne continue with the project
Gil seconded, Carried
- Long term and short term Plans for Centre (tabled due to time constraints)
- Expectations of Volunteering and Job sharing (tabled due to time constraints)
- Tracking Volunteer hours. Hugh asked that everyone keep track of their volunteer hours for Club business away from the Centre so we can keep accurate accounting of hours volunteering. Hugh is making up a spreadsheet he will mail out for everyone to use at home.
- Volunteer Hours for March. Maurice will continue to mail out a schedule for the month asking for volunteers.
- Glen: Laptop to Projector SVGA cables (Passed)
- Hugh: USB Hard Drive (Passed)
- Maurice: Identification Badges (Passed)
- Project spending spreadsheet. Short discussion over the spreadsheet Annette made to track spending. Decided we would keep one at the Centre that can be easily accessible.
New Agenda Item: Bob handed out an idea he had for adding a worm gear to the 24” telescope. He also discussed removing the clutches from the scope. Gil suggested we leave this for the upcoming technical meeting. We would invite the UNBC people to this meeting to discuss.
Bob said he would like the Technical meeting to be separate from the Executive meeting. Voted and carried. Date to be determined later.