2006-01-25

Prince George Astronomical Society
Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Prince George Venter
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, B.C.
V2N 6S2

Executive Meeting Minutes
January 25, 2006

Date: January 25, 2006
Location: 7365 Tedford Road

Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Hugh Kennedy
Members Present: Hugh, Annette, Jim A., Doug, Maurice, Wayne, Gil, Glen

Meeting Called to Order at 6:30 p.m.

Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes from November 30, 2005 were circulated. Motion to accept the minutes as circulated
Moved: Hugh Seconded: Jim, Carried

Treasurer’s Report
Hydro = $464.36 credit
Terasan = $241.85 credit
Telus = $1926.12 credit
Total Credit = $2632.33
Checks issued
Glen Harris $261.24 (for scope repairs)
Rasc $678.00 (calendars)
Wayne Sanders $313.97 (dome rotation)
Total = $1261.97 from general revenue

Regular account balance: = $ 4179.93
Gaming Account Balance: = $ 8843.25
Cash on hand: = $55.00
Motion to accept the treasurer’s report Moved: Gil Seconded: Doug, Carried

Old Business

  • Gil mentioned that the Gaming request was submitted about 2 weeks ago.
  • Pier plates: Gil will continue to work on them. Has asked if anyone else is interested I doing them or helping out. Wayne has said he will work on plate. Prototype is already in place outside. Hugh will check previous minutes to look at budget discussed for Pier Plates.
  • Gift Shop: Discussed for second meeting in a row. Hugh will bring to the next meeting a spending proposal for small items for sale by the club.

New Business

  • Recreation Market: March 4,5th at the Pine Centre mall was discussed. A call for volunteers will be sent out by email to cover these days.
  • Insurance review: Maurice prepared a report on our insurance. He discovered that there is no conflict with our official name and RASC. We are covered by RASC liability insurance and if we cancel Bartons Liability insurance we would have an approximate savings of $600.00 a year. Gil moved to cancel Bartons Liability coverage since we already have coverage from RASC. Hugh seconded. Vote 5 for 2 abstain

Spending proposal:

  • Motorized dome. Discussion centered on Wayne and Glen’s proposal to motorize the dome. Hugh said that Wayne had the expertise and it was his opinion that mattered here. There was general agreement with this. Wayne recommended Option C in his proposal. Gil put a motion on the floor to allow Wayne to continue with his work. Wayne asked for an amendment to allow the donation committee 2 weeks to look for donations. Jim seconded. Motion carried.

Further business:

  • Short Term/ Long Term Plans and Mission statement was discussed. A date to have a brainstorming session to discuss our plans. Further discussion on a date will be discussed when Bob Nelson returns from his trip to Chile after February 18, 2006.

Minutes of meeting read back to members and agreed upon.

Gil moved that the meeting be adjourned, Maurice seconded.