ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
2005 Annual General Meeting Minutes
Date: October 26, 2005
Location: PGAO 7365 Tedford Road
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Glen, Gil, Brian, Wayne
Members Present: Maurice, Jim A., Art, Greg, Jeff, Rod, Bob N., Annette, Hugh, Charles, John A,.
Guests Present: Matt Carter
Meeting called to order at 7:40 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
2. Treasurer’s Report:
As of October 24, 2005
Club Account Gaming Account
Balance $4998.19 Balance $9348.03
Detailed Annual Treasurer’s report will be available at the November meeting.
Motion to accept the Treasurer’s report as presented.
Moved: Bob Seconded: Brian Carried
Various RASC Centres newsletters, Thank you card from Kingston Centre NOVA members.
4. Old Business
Decide on an equipment policy and check into the cost of insurance riders, with the information to be available for the next Executive meeting.
Sky and Tel renewals of US$40 to be in Wayne’s hands by Nov 15.
5. New Business
- Motion: Provide funds ($150) to Charles for the purchase of a janitor style pail, squeegie, and mop.
- Moved: Charles Seconded: Bob Carried
5. New Business (continued)
- Motion: Minimum meeting quorum for 2005-2006 will consist of 3 executive members and 2 members at large.
- Moved: Gil Seconded: Charles Carried
- Discussed combining the executive and general meetings. An email prediscussion of items would shorten the executive meeting that would run on the last Wednesday of the month from 6:30 – 7:30. A social evening with guest speakers, member’s presentations, etc. would follow beginning between 7:45 and 8:00. The meeting agenda would be finalized two weeks prior to the meeting.
- A protracted discussion revolved around whether the newsletter should be an electronic copy r paper, or combination. No decision was made.
- Building maintenance will be done on an as required basis. Items requiring attention will be put on a list and work bees will be scheduled as required.
Results of the Annual Election are as follows:
President: Gil Self Newsletter
Vice President: Maurice Sluka – Observing, tour director
Secretary: Hugh Kennedy
Treasurer: Wayne Sanders – Drive electronics, Telescope maintenance, ProD Day
National Council Rep: Allan Whitman
Members at Large:
Greg Mohammed Book speakers and plan the ‘fun’ part of the meeting
Bob Nelson Telescope maintenance, Newsletter?
Glen Harris Computers, building communication wiring
Charles Smith Janitor
Jim Arnold Janitor
Brian Battersby Webmaster, NOVA program
Volunteers for November Events
November 4 Mars Open House
November 5 Mars Open House
November 12 NOVA (Brian) Hugh
November 19 Maurice
November 26 NOVA (Brian)
6. Upcoming Events
November 4, 5 Mars Open House
November 16 Brownie, Guide tour
November 30 Executive meeting, social time
Meeting adjourned at 10:00 p.m.