ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Executive Meeting Minutes
September 14, 2005
Date: September 14, 2005
Location: 490 Brunswick St.
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Brian, Glen, Gil, Wayne, John A.
Meeting Called to Order at 7:40 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes from July 27, 2005 were circulated
2. Treasurer’s Report
Regular account balance: $4442.80
Gaming Account balance: $9357.46
Terasen Gas statement
4. Old Business
Maurice has gone head with the purchase of the Sky Atlas, DVD’s, books, etc.
5. Building Director
- The 24″ scope needs to be rebalanced/checked for tracking.
- The new computer is in the process of being installed and configured.
- A new “Guest Code” and password has been programmed into the alarm system.
- Doug will fill the water system by Friday.
6. Observing Director
Casey Litton from Vanderhoof will be bringing students to the observatory. No firm dates yet.
PG Photographic Society will be coming to the observatory for a tour, maybe on Oct. 22.
[update: PG Photographic Society will be coming to the observatory. Oct 22, 2005 at 7:00pm]
NOVA dates have been rescheduled. Ends on Feb 11 now. 19 new memberships sold, some to couples.
8. New Business
- October Meeting – Elections, Charles Smith to show some Mexico images, maybe a talk from one of Greg’s profs.
- Alan Whitman accepted the nomination for National Representative.
- Pre-nominations for other executive positions showed that most of the attending executive were willing to continue in their present positions.
- Radio Astronomy package consisting of 2 books and 2 programs has been purchased.
- Brian will check into pricing of telescopes when buying in bulk.
8. New Business (continued)
- Replacement projector bulb will not be purchased.
- Motion: At the Executive’s discretion, repair any telescopic equipment damaged by the public during a club sanctioned event.
- Moved: Wayne Second: Gil Insufficient quorum to pass
- A discussion about improving the general meetings occurred. Some of the suggestions were bringing in more speakers and getting more members to give presentations.
Meeting adjourned at 9:40 pm