PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
General Meeting Minutes
Date: March 30, 2005
Location: PGAO 7365 Tedford Road
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Brian, Glen, Wayne, Gil
Members Present: Maurice, Doug, Bob, Effie, Jim Van Doren
Meeting called to order at 7:38 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Feb 23, 2005 General meeting minutes
March 9, 2005 Executive meeting minutes
Motion to accept February 23, 2005 General meeting minutes as circulated.
Moved: Gil Seconded: Maurice Carried
2. Treasurer’s Report:
As of March 29, 2005
Club Account balance $2853.89 Gaming Account Balance $6995.46
Motion to accept the Treasurer’s report as presented.
Moved: Bob Seconded: Gil Carried
Two RBC bank statements.
4. Old Business
Due to the restrictions stipulated in the Gaming document, Gil will submit additional information in an attempt to broaden the areas in which we can spend the money. Maintenance and Utility costs can be paid from the Gaming account.
5. New Business
- Two 4.5″ Starblaster Dobsonian telescopes have arrived and are available for use in the NOVA class, member use and supervised tours. The Solarscope has also been delivered.
- The Virtual Moon Atlas is now installed on the classroom computer.
- Bob donated some posters to the club. SpeeDee donated the laminating.
- Bob brought back a “Hands-On Astrophysics” package from an AAVSO meeting for the club to use. He hopes to get a variable star observing group formed from club members and use the manual for instructing the group.
- The missing parts for the remote focuser have been located and installed. It is now possible to focus the ST9 via remote control.
6. Upcoming Events
April 9 NOVA class 7:30 pm
April 16 Astronomy Day 2:00 pm – 11 pm
April 1 Gil
April 8 Bob
April 15 Brian
April 22 Wayne
April 29 Maurice
May 6 Maurice
May 13 Wayne
May 20 Gil
May 27 Bob
April 2 Doug
April 9 Brian
April 16 Glen
April 23 Brian
April 30 Doug
May 7 Brian
May 14 Rod
May 21 Cancelled due to GA in Kelowna
May 28 Glen
Meeting adjourned at 8:05 pm
Doug showed some pictures of his trip to Australia.