PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Executive Meeting Minutes
February 9, 2005
Date: February 9, 2005
Location: 490 Brunswick, St.
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Brian, Maurice, Wayne, Glen, Bob, Gil, Doug
Meeting Called to Order at 7:35 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Meeting minutes from January 12, 2005 were circulated
Motion to accept minutes as circulated by: Bob Seconded by: Gil
2. Treasurer’s Report
Club Account Gaming Account
Total Assets $3004.24 Total Assets $96.51
Total Liabilities $0.00 Total Liabilities $0.00
Total Assets/Liabilities $3004.24 Total Assets/Liabilities $96.51
Cheque from RASC HQ, agenda from RASC National for next meeting (NC051), minutes from RASC National meetings NC042, NC043, NC044), email from Troy Hudson-Columbia Valley Astronomers
4. Committee reports
Youth day activities:
8 parents and about 14 children attended the two Youth Day sessions on Feb 4th
5. Old Business
- Gaming grant status: No new developments
- Noise Reduction in Classroom
- Maurice distributed several wall panel information sheets. A consensus was reached to glue felt material to the bottom of the chair legs. The ultimate goal is to replace the plastic chairs.
6. New Business
- Donna Ascah’s sketched suggestions to redecorate the classroom were circulated and discussed.
- Placing a dark fabric on the ceiling will be the first of several steps to reduce the sound level in the classroom.
- Two sessions of Youth Day activities will be held on Friday, March 25th during Spring Break.
6. New Business (continued)
- The 10” Dobsonian telescope can be signed out for member’s use.
- An Observatory Key workshop (familiarization with all the observatory equipment and operating procedures) will be incorporated into the NOVA workshop curriculum.
- Gate keys for new members will be available on request.
- Bob will hunt through his archives for more newspaper articles.
- Volunteers for March events will be handled through email and the next general meeting.
Feb 10: Church group tour 6:15 pm Glen
Feb 12: Member’s night 7:30 pm Brian
Feb 19: NOVA workshop 7:30 pm Brian
Feb 26 Member’s night 7:30 pm Brian
Mar 2: Guide tour 6:00 pm Brian/Robin
Mar 5: Recreation Market 9:30 am-6:00 pm at Pine Centre – NOVA workshop 7:30 pm Brian
Mar 6: Recreation Market Noon-5:00 pm at Pine Centre
Mar 19: NOVA workshop 7:30 pm Brian
Next general meeting:
Main Talk: Doug-pictures of Australia
Additional topic: Gil-Constellation of the Month
Motion to adjourn by: Glen
Seconded by: Brian
Adjourned at 9:30 p.m.