PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
General Meeting Minutes
Date: January 27, 2005
Location: PGAO 7365 Tedford Road
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Brian, Glen, Wayne, Gil
Members Present: Maurice, Robin, Art, John Ascah, John McIntosh, Bob Nelson, Hugh, Annette, Doug, Gerhard, Rod, Jim Toews
Meeting called to order at 7:40 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
November 24, 2004 General meeting minutes
January 12, 2005 Executive meeting minutes
Motion to accept November 24, 2004 General meeting minutes as circulated.
Moved: Gil Seconded: Maurice Carried
2. Treasurer’s Report:
As of January 10, 2005
Club Account Gaming Account
Total Assets $2530.40 Total Assets $96.51
Total Liabilities $0.00 Total Liabilities $0.00
Total Assets/Liabilities $2530.40 Total Assets/Liabilities $96.51
Motion to accept the Treasurer’s report as presented.
Moved: Gil Seconded: Glen Carried
Various RASC Centres newsletters, Terasen bill, Recreation Market notice, TELUS bill
4. Director’s Reports
- Building Maintenance: Glen reported that the furnace blower motor was repaired, as was the dome leak, and dome skirting. There have been no snow clearing costs to date. There is water in the crawl space, but that is not uncommon for this time of year and the weather conditions. The water supply has been topped up. The holding tank is ½ full. The motion sensor light is defective and will be replaced. Dialup Internet access problems have been resolved.
4. Director’s Reports (continued)
- Education/Outreach: Robin sent a letter to Kerry Firth, Superintendent of schools, and is awaiting a response to the proposal of offering assistance with the Astronomy portion of the new Pan Canadian Core Curriculum.
- NOVA program: Brian stated that 19 members have registered, of which12 are new members. The Beginner’s Observing Guide book is now available to the participants.
- Youth Day: Robin and Wayne continue to prepare for Youth Day being held on Friday February 4th.
- National Representative: John Ascah reminded us that the (National) RASC AGM will be held in Kelowna from May 20-23 this year. A suggestion was made to car pool.
5. Old Business
TELUS will not be supporting our grant application for funding of the projection screen.
6. New Business
- Member’s nights will be held on Saturday evenings in February to give NOVA members more frequent access to the club facilities. This however does not exclude any other members from coming out to the observatory.
- The Spring Recreation Market will be held on Saturday, March 5th from 9:30am – 6:00 pm, and Sunday March 6th from noon – 5:00 pm. The club booth will be located in front of Coles Book Store in the Pine Centre Mall.
7. Upcoming Events
February 4 Youth Day 9:00 am and 1:00 pm Wayne and Robin
February 5 NOVA workshop 7:30 pm Brian
February 10 Church group tour 6:15 pm Glen
February 12 Member’s Night 7:30 pm
February 15 Cub tour 7:00 pm Wayne
February 19 ` NOVA workshop 7:30 pm Brian
February 26 Member’s night 7:30 pm
March 2 Guide tour 7:00 pm Brian
March 5 Recreation Market 9:30 am – 6:00 pm at Pine Centre
March 6 Recreation market Noon – 5:00 pm at Pine Centre
Meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
Wayne gave a presentation on image processing using various programs including AIP4WIN.