PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
General Meeting Minutes
Date: September 29, 2004
Location: PGAO 7365 Tedford Road
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Glen, Rod, Gil, Brian
Members Present: John, Maurice, Wayne, Gerhard, Robin and Karen, Jim, Jeff, Allen, Art, Greg, Bob K
Guests Present: Rob, Brian Potts
Meeting called to order at 7:42 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
May 26, 2004 General meeting minutes
September 9, 2004 Executive meeting minutes
Motion to Accept May 26, 2004 General meeting minutes as circulated.
Moved: Gil Seconded: John Carried
2. Treasurer’s Report:
As of September 29, 2004
Club Account Gaming Account
Total Income $4041.66 Total Income $1261.12
Total Expenses $5112.81 Total Expenses $5725.85
Total Income/Expenses ($1071.15) Total Income/Expenses ($4464.73)
Total Net Worth $1719.24 Total Net Worth $97.26
Motion to accept the Treasurer’s report as presented.
Moved: Glen Seconded: Gil Carried
Various RASC Centres newsletters.
4. Old Business
5. New Business
- Telescope Committee: The Newtonian mirror and ST9 CCD camera assembly is in place.
- There are problems with the flip mechanism that will be addressed when Bob returns from
- Australia in December. The telescope is usable in the Cassegrain configuration.
- Fundraising Committee: The introductory letter to businesses is being edited.
5. New Business (continued)
- Due to increased interest, Member’s nights will now be rain or shine.
- New members Robin and Karen Riordan were introduced.
- Glen to submit notice of upcoming events to the Free Press and Prince George Citizen
Volunteers for October Events
October 1 Wayne
October 8 Gil, Maurice
October 15 Glen
October 22 Maurice
October 29 Brian
October 2 Maurice, Robin
October 9 Robin
October 16 Glen
October 23 Gil
October 30 Brian
6. Upcoming Events
October 6 Executive meeting at Gil’s office
October 7 Vanderhoof school tour at 7:00 p.m.
October 14 Vanderhoof school tour at 7:00 p.m.
October 20 AGM at the Observatory
October 21 Vanderhoof school tour at 7:00 p.m.
October 27 Open House at 6:30 p.m. for Lunar Eclipse
Meeting adjourned at 8:41 p.m.
Robin gave a lecture entitled ‘Cosmology – from the beginning