PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Executive Meeting Minutes
May 12, 2004
Date: May 12, 2004
Location: #30-1839 1st Avenue, Prince George
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Glen, Gil, Brian
Members Present: Maurice, Wayne, Bob
Time Meeting Called to Order at 7:38 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
No minutes were circulated.
2. Treasurer’s Report
Terasen statement, Centre and Events Services-UNBC, RASC Montreal, Calgary newsletters, RASC Saskatoon SSSP flyers, IDSA Renewal notice.
4. General Business
- It was suggested that the pop and chips could be augmented with chocolate bars, seeing that sales of the existing choices are steady.
- The main scope Newtonian modification and drive upgrade are to be completed by the end of June, tested and tweaked by the end of July.
- Bob stated that he has access to a milling machine at CNC, and the instructor is looking for projects to assign to his students. Two suggestions put forward were a smaller telescope control box, and a mount for the laser pointer.
- $1500 has been allocated for the purchase of a 2” 2X Barlow and 2 – 2” eyepieces (Brian), a motorized focuser for the main scope Newtonian (Bob), and 5-6 low profile switches for a new scope control box (Wayne). Gil is going to look into the cost of a Go To fork mount for the black Celestron. Costs and availability of these items are to be sent out to the rest of the executive by Sunday, and the final OK to purchase will be handled via email. In the event that all of the $2500 or so can’t be spent by the deadline, it was suggested that the remainder be allocated to operating expenses.
- There was a lengthy discussion on an air exchange system for the dome, and although many interesting ideas were put forth, some of them rivaling what NASA might come up with, it was decided to table the topic. A consensus on how to cool the main scope mirror was reached, and the project will be done in conjunction with the scope modification.
Meeting adjourned at 10:05 p.m.