PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
General Meeting Minutes
Date: April 28, 2004
Location: PGAO 7365 Tedford Road
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Glen, Rod, Brian
Members Present: John, Jim Toews, Maurice, Wayne, Doug, Gerhard, Art, Bob, Phillip, Michael
Guests Present: The Lemcke and Shrimpton families
Meeting called to order at 7:40 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
No minutes were circulated
2. Treasurer’s Report:
As of April 28, 2004
Total Income $3338.23
Total Expenses $3061.27
Total Income/Expenses $276.96
Total Net Worth $3067.35
Total Income $1261.02
Total Expenses $1956.31
Total Income/Expenses ($695.29)
Total Net Worth $3866.70
Motion to accept the Treasurer’s report as presented.
Moved: Rod Seconded: Glen Carried
RBC statement, Telus bill, General Assembly info and registration forms, request from a Fort St. James elementary school to tour the facility in June, notice of Steve Barnes’ upcoming September lecture tour to Alberta and B.C.
4. Old Business
5. New Business
- Motion from Wayne: To rescind the March 31, 2004 motion that stated ‘The projector is not to be used off site, and is to remain permanently affixed to the ceiling’ and replace it with a motion that states ‘The projector can only be removed from the ceiling for a club related use if approved by at least two executive members. The projector is to be reinstalled ASAP.’
- Moved: Glen Seconded: Maurice Carried
5. New Business (Cont’d)
- Michael Lemcke and Phillip Shrimpton, in recognition of attaining Gold status at the Foothills Elementary School Science Fair and Silver status at the Central Interior Science Exhibition, were each awarded a one-year Junior membership in the RASC Prince George Centre.
- John Ascah gave a short report on Rajiv’s visit. Rajiv was very impressed with the club facility, enthusiasm of its members, the club focus on outreach, and teaching offered to the public.
- Rod reminded us that it is imperative that all club records be filed at the observatory, and requested that a larger filing cabinet be acquired.
- Steve Barnes, RASC member and lecturer, will be giving Astrophotography lectures at the Edmonton, Calgary, and Okanagan centres in September. A tentative date for him to visit Prince George is September 15.
Volunteers for May Events
May 1 Doug
May 8 Brian
May 15 Viewing at Baldy Hughes
May 22 Glen
May 29 Windup potluck BBQ
May 7 Bob, Maurice
May 14 Brian
May 21 Glen
May 28 Wayne
6. Upcoming Events
May 15 Viewing at Baldy Hughes
May 29 Windup potluck BBQ at the Observatory. Building opens at 6:00 p.m. Potluck to follow at 7:00 p.m. Barbeques, plates, cups, and utensils will be provided, please bring whatever items you want to cook, and a potluck side dish.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
Bob gave us some insight into what is involved in gathering and analyzing the data of eclipsing binary stars. C-V Bootes was the subject of his research. Also shown was an image of his personal back yard observatory, and pictures of his visit to the Dominion Astronomical Observatory in Victoria.