PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
General Meeting Minutes
Date: November 26, 2003
Location: PGAO 7365 Tedford Road
Chairperson: Brian Battersby
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Brian, Glen, Rod, Gil
Members Present: John, Gerhard, Bob, Jim Toews, Jim Van Doren, Maurice
Guests Present: None
Meeting Called to Order at 7:40 p.m.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
No executive meeting summary was circulated.
2. Treasurer’s Report:
For the month ending 2003/11/24
Club Account Gaming Account
Total Income $1586.58 $260.95
Total Expenses $1623.44 $1123.04
Total Income/Expenses ($36.86) ($862.09)
Total Net Worth $2753.53 $3699.90
Motion: To accept the treasurer’s report as distributed
Moved: Rod Seconded: Glen Carried
Vancouver and Calgary RASC Centre’s newsletters, information update request from the City of Prince George for the Spring/Summer Leisure Guide.
4. Old Business
The flip mirror assembly is in the stress-testing mode.
5. New Business
- The clearing of snow from the parking lot will no longer be free, as Tom Laing is not well enough to continue with the donation of his time and operating the snow clearing equipment. Arrangements have been made with another neighbour to have the clearing done for $30 a visit. Snow clearing will be kept to an absolute minimum.
- Motion: To send Tom a Get Well card along with a Fruit Basket or Flowers.
- Moved: Glen Seconded: Maurice Carried
- Motion: To have a $48 advertisement inserted in the City of Prince George Spring/Summer Leisure Guide. The ad focus would be on booking Observatory tours.
- Moved: Brian Seconded: Glen Carried
5. New Business (Continued)
- Bob donated 2 boxes of Astronomy books for use by club members.
- Gil is looking for photos that could be included in a ‘Year in Review’ presentation to be shown at the Christmas Pot Luck gathering. Please send your submissions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off at Speedie Printers.
- If you plan on beginning or renewing your Sky and Tel subscription in February, please give Rod two US$20 bills. By paying in this manner, Rod’s work of remitting the payment is made far easier.
6. Upcoming Events
Wednesday, Dec 10 3rd Annual Pot Luck Christmas Party at the Observatory 6 p.m.
Please email Brian at email@example.com or phone him at 564-4789 and let him know what you have chosen to bring to the Pot Luck dinner.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
8. Main presentation
Bob Nelson showed some very nice images of his visit to Italy.