Minutes of PGAS Executive Meeting – March 22, 2001
Meeting Hosted By: Bob Nelson
Attending: Gil S, Brian B, Rob F
Start Time: 7:35 pm
Read previous minutes/ agenda.
Washrooms / Holding Tank Installation:
- Gil needs more parts. When he gets them he will work on it on his own.
- The weight to the shut off alarm still needs to be installed.
- The lid to the tank still needs to be locked in some manner to prevent vandalism.
Gil still needs to look into the alarm situation.
Bob N will email his contact in the RASC as nothing has been heard from them regarding our application to join. – Not done yet.
Rob is working on some new material.
Brian will have the Members CD-Rom ready for the next general meeting.
Plaque acknowledging CNC’s contribution to the PGAS is finished.
- Bob will get Klaus going on making a slide controller for the computer.
- The Dial-Up Server is almost ready to go.
- The club wants to upgrade to a 10/100 hi-speed network
- Newtonian Secondary – Bob N has it almost finished.
Nothing new – still waiting for washrooms.
Unknown (Paul R not in attendance)
Quesnel Hi-Ab service bill – still unkown
- Bob will do the constellation of the month.
- Brian B will bring a data projector and talk about the Members CR-Rom.
New Grant Application:
- The majority of this meeting was spent coming up with a list/ plan for the new grant application. We broke items into categories based on what we want right away and what we might want in the future. We had the overall goals of improving members services and improving the “quality” of members. “Quality” referring to the level of astronomical knowledge/ participation level of the membership as a whole – trying to by items to make observing fun and easy. The dollar amounts assigned are our best guess (guessing on the high side)
Deck – $5,000
Parking Lot – $5,000
Landscaping – $5,000
Audio Visual: Slide Projector (2) $2,000
Data Projector: $5,000
Upgrades to existing equipment: $4,000
Operating Expenses: $3,000
NOVA Teaching Materials: $1,000
TOTAL FOR GRANT APPLICATION: $30,000
3 – 5 Years:
CCD Camera (higher quality) $12,000
Mid-Size Scopes & Equipment (for use on the deck): $8,000
Display Materials & Cabinets for Classroom $10,000
10 Years & Over:
Fully Robotic Main Scope.
Second Big Scope in a Dome.
Meeting Adjourned: 10:00 pm