Minutes of PGAS Executive Meeting – Feb 21, 2001
Meeting Hosted By: Bob Nelson
Attending Executive: Gil Self, Brian Battersby and Rob Frith
Absent: Paul Roberts, Steve Senger
Start Time: 7:45 pm
Read previous minutes/ agenda.
OLD BUSINESS: none discussed
- Reg. Account: Not Available
- Gaming Account: Not Available
- Total: Not Available
- Brian B found message of the answering machine from Quesnel Hi-Ab Service. In the message they said the club owe them $428.00 for transporting the tank up from Quesnel. Gil will contact them and figure out what is going on as the executive thought the bill was paid.
- Gil & Doug put in the first stage of the water system last Saturday (Feb 17th, 2001)
- Jon Bowen and hid dad drew up a plan and parts list to finish installation of the water system.
- Gil will be in charge of finishing the installation of the water system.
- Borealis Internet sent the club a letter explaining that we will start being charged a fee of
- $15.00 per month for them to host the web site.
- The executive will see if there is somewhere else we could have the site hosted for free. The College of New Caledonia is a possibility as well as Spee-Dee Printers (once they get their server hooked up).
Progress is being made on the Newtonian secondary flip mirror. Bob N says it should be finished
in May 2001.
New Members CD-Rom:
Bob N will forward his collection of astronomy software to Brian B for inclusion of the Members CD-Rom.
Rob Frith will host his first NOVA lesson on March 3, 2001 at 8:00pm – rain or shine.
- Gil hopes a “swiss guy” he knows will show up and give a presentation on the observatories he has visited around the world.
- Brian B’s work experience student from College Heights Secondary, Ryan Unruh, will give a presentation on Hubbles Constant.
- Constellation of the Month: Rob Frith will talk about Leo.
- Gil S will chair the next meeting.
- Gil will pass around a sign up sheet for the Open House Schedule.
Meeting Adjourned: 9:00 pm