2000-11-15

Minutes of PGAS Executive Meeting – Nov 15, 2000

Meeting Hosted By: Gil Self
Attending Executive: Gil Self, Paul Roberts, Brian Battersby, Steve Senger, Rob Frith
Absent: Bob Nelson

Start Time: 7:40 pm

Read previous minutes/ agenda.

OLD BUSINESS:

Washrooms / Holding Tank Installation:

  • Paul R. phoned Jon B. to get details of what has been accomplished so far – Jon will phone back.
  • The Executive voted to pay for the tank as soon as it is know what the cost is (Unanimous).
  • The Executive agreed to ask Mr. Baker to dig the hole for tank. Gil will contact him.
  • The Executive gave themselves the deadline of Sat. Nov 25 to install the tank.

Slide Projector:
Executive has decided to go ahead and buy the slide projector with the money that Xerox donated for that purpose. The money is in the General Account. Brian B will check with Spee-Dee Printers & Office Products to see about getting a good price.

Dark Sky Activism:
Paul R. will get on it as soon as possible. Brian B & Gil S. will help him out.

N.O.V.A. – New Observers to Visual Astronomy
Rob F. and Brian B. will take on this project.

NEW BUSINESS:

Finances:

  • Steve Senger gave report on finances. Breakdown as follows:
  • Reg. Account: $2,401.23
  • Gaming Account: $5,268.58
  • Total: $7,669.81

General Meeting:
Decided Gil S. will chair next meeting, Brian will do Const. Of month – Auriga.

New Grant Application:
Decided Executive and General Members will brainstorm to make a new list of items desired to apply for a new grant. Members will be asked to submit their ideas via email & Newsletter.

Christmas Party:
Paul R. brought forward the idea of having a Christmas Party at an as yet undecided location, preferably PGAO if tank and water is installed.

Computer Server:
Paul R. will get the new server up and running for remote access to the PGAO network.

Fundraising:

  • The Executive has decided to fundraising in the following ways; Donation Jar and Group Tours with emphasis on clubs such as Rotary.
  • Gil S. will include a piece in the newsletter asking for a Chairperson to step forward.

Group Tours:
The club needs a new Tour Coordinator. Gil S. will include a request for a person to step forward next general meeting.

Security:
Paul R. brought up an idea for video surveillance monitored by members via the internet.

Dues:
Dues are due. This fact will be included in the next general meeting agenda & a notice in newsletter.

Insurance:
The Executive decided to review our insurance policy. Paul R. in charge.

Motion:

  • The incoming Treasurer, Paul Roberts made a motion to accept the financial statements as presented by the exiting Treasurer, Steve Senger and absolve the incoming Treasurer of any responsibility for any errors or omissions that may be present.
  • Seconded by: Rob Frith.

Meeting Adjourned: 9:30 pm