STEPS TO BOOK YOUR TOUR
- Read all of the information on this page.
- The Observatory costs about $6,000 per year to maintain. It operates solely on donations from visitors, members, and uncertain government grants. Please donate to help us keep the Observatory open.
Groups will be classified as to their status:
- Registered Charities or Not-For-Profit Organizations for tours at the Observatory: $2 per person attending, with a minimum of $30, in case the number falls below 15.
- All other groups, offsite presentations, or specially booked tours: $3 per person attending, with a minimum of $45, in case the number falls below 15.
Based on the confirmed available tour dates listed below, please fill out the Tour Booking Information Form
- Please book tours at least 5 days prior to the chosen date.
- Tours will be cancelled if the road conditions make it too dangerous to travel. This will be decided by the Tour Host in consultation with the contact provided on the tour form. Please do not request to cancel tours due to poor sky conditions. We will modify the tour to fit the sky conditions. If you must cancel your tour for any other reason, at least 24 hours notice must be given.
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE PER TOUR IS 30. Count all people attending; drivers, guests, siblings, parents and adjust your donation accordingly.
- To ensure adequate staff is present for the tour, at the time of booking, the tour requester will provide the tour host with an accurate count of people attending.
- Tour Requester should be aware of special medical needs of anyone in the group. Observatory location is more than 30 minutes from Medical Aid.
- Tour start times are selected by the Observatory according to the time of sunset. You may choose a start time a half hour before or after the time shown. Other times may be booked at our discretion.
- Dates are selected by the Observatory according to the availability of volunteers.
- The telescope dome room and outside observing deck activities can be rather cold if proper attire isn’t worn. Observing is a passive activity and winter clothing (toque, mitts, warm jacket and proper shoes or boots) should be considered at all times of year.
- Available tour dates may be added or removed without notice. Please check back often for current information.
- Other tour dates are possible. Contact Mike at 250-964-6285.
AVAILABLE TOUR DATES
RED dates are full. Blue dates are available.
|Date||Time||Group||Tour Hosts||No. of Guests|
|Friday, June 22, 2018||9:00pm||Vanderhoof Girl Guides||Mike M.||22|
|Thursday, July 19, 2018||10:30 AM||Science Alliance||Mike M.||25|
|Tuesday, July 24, 2018||10:30 AM||Big Brothers Big Sisters||Mike M.||30|
|Tuesday, July 31, 2018||10:30 AM||YMCA of Northern BC||Mike M.||24|
|Wednesday, August 1, 2018||10:30 AM||YMCA of Northern BC||Mike M.||24|
|Thursday, August 2, 2018||10:30 AM||YMCA of Northern BC||Mike M.||24|