Prince George Citizen. February 22, 2008
Title: Spy Satellite, Eclipse Put On Stellar Show
Overview: Documenting the February 20, 2008 total lunar eclipse and Prince George Centre sighting of US193 spy staellite debris following its being shot down by US military.
Prince George Citizen. February 18, 2008
Title: Eclipse Set For Wednesday
Overview: Announcing the February 20, 2008 open house at the Prince George Astronomical Observatory for the total lunar eclipse. Mauirce Sluka interviewed.
PRINCE GEORGE ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY
ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Business Meeting Minutes
February 13, 2008
Date: February 13, 2008
Location: 3323 Hart Highway
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Gil, Glen, Bob, Maurice, Blair, Brian, Jim T, Jim Van Doren
Meeting Called to Order at 7:36 pm.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes of November 14, 2007 meeting were circulated.
Motion to accept minutes as circulated. MSC
2. Treasurer’s Report
Club Account: $5179.29
Gaming Acct: $61.75
Detailed report filed
Miscellaneous bills and invoices.
4. Old Business
- Recreation Market – all shifts are covered.
- Sidewalk railing to be painted and installed when the weather warms up.
- 8″ telescope was purchased from club account – $275.
5. New Business
- The dome flange needs to be reinforced with an H beam. Blair, Jim Van D, and Jim T will report on progress at the next business meeting.
- Motion: Sidereal Technology telescope control board to be purchased – ~$500. Motors and DC amplifiers extra, no confirmed costs provided. MSC
6. Upcoming events
See web site
Meeting adjourned at 9:13 pm