ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY OF CANADA
PRINCE GEORGE CENTRE
7365 Tedford Road
Prince George, BC
Executive Meeting Minutes
April 18, 2007
Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Arctic Manufacturing Ltd, 3323 Hart Hwy
Chairperson: Gil Self
Recording Secretary: Glen Harris
Executives Present: Gil, Blair, Glen, Bob, Jim A.
Meeting Called to Order at 7:39 pm.
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes of March 14, 2007 meeting were circulated.
Motion to accept minutes as corrected. MSC
2. Treasurer’s Report
General account $6299.78 Gaming account $8081.67
Motion to accept the treasurer’s report. MSC
Detailed financial report filed with the minutes.
Various bills, invoices, and RASC Centre newsletters
4. Old Business
- The roof repair estimate has not been obtained yet
- The main scope is functional again
5. New Business
- Volunteers will be called for when it is time to install the dome brackets and bearings.
- Motion: To authorize the cost of placing two 3 3/8″ x 5″ Telescope Workshop advertisements in the Prince George Citizen, one each on April 27th and May 4th. MSC
- The Dark Sky Event has been postponed until late August or early September. An invitation to local MLA’s and MP’s is being contemplated.
- There will be a social event on April 28th starting at 7 pm that will replace the general meeting.
- Motion: To nominate Jim Van Doren as an executive member. MSC
- This nomination fills the vacancy created when Wayne Sanders resigned.
- Quorum / bylaw issues tabled to the May executive meeting.
- Motion: Authorize Blair to spend $200 for merchandise to stock our Gift Shop. Initial purchase will be for planispheres that will be available for sale at the Telescope Workshop. MSC
- Alan Whitman is resigning his position as PG Centre’s National Representative at the National AGM. The secretary has been designated to come up with an appropriate certificate thanking Alan for his efforts. The members of the executive will sign the certificate.
- The RASC Intelligent Design discussion. The PG Centre supports ‘good science’ but is not taking the initiative to publicize the fact. If specifically asked by RASC, the PG Centre will support National’s position.
Meeting adjourned at 9:38 pm